Using instructional technology - why, what and how?
- Datum: 2017-10-17 kl 13:15 – 16:00
- Plats: Ångströmlaboratoriet Sal 80115
- Arrangör: TUR - teknisk-naturvtenskapliga fakultetens universitetspedagogiska råd
- Kontaktperson: Felix Ho
When it comes to instructional technology that can be used in our teaching, three kinds of questions often come up, namely "Why?" "What?" and "How?" For example:
- Why should we use such technology in the first place?
- What effects do they have on learning?
- What kinds of technologies are out there?
- What kind of support is available?
- How do I use them effectively to improve student learning without spending a whole lot of extra time that I don't have?
In this workshop we will both explore and discuss these and other questions about the use of instructional technology in teaching and learning, as well as look at some examples of instructional technology and how they could be used (e.g. clickers, screencasts, simulations/animations/virtual reality/augmented reality, online collaboration and discussion tools).
Participants will also have the opportunity to send in suggestions for questions/topics that they would like addressed during the workshop (to
Felix.Ho@kemi.uu.se ). No registration necessary.
Felix Ho, TUR