We have put together some brief information and guides for digital tools for conducting teaching online.
Central digital tools:
- Studium is Uppsala universitys learning platform baserad on Canvas. The staff portal (MP) has support pages for teachers and students. Students wrote an evaluation report about the platform and have suggestions for best practices from the student perspective.
- Mentimeter can be used by teachers to get student reponse. Uppsala University has a site license, login with your SSO.
- Kurt is a survey tool which can be used by all employees at Uppsala University
Local advice and support:
- Tools for distance education (with help from the Section of Chemistry)
- Netiquette guide with instructions for students about using Zoom for teaching
- Methods and tools for teaching (link to MP)
- Assessment online and home exams (link to MP)
INTERNATIONAL RESOURCES FOR ONLINE TEACHING
Universities around the world were quickly shifting towards online teaching in year 2020. Here is a collection of resources that universities are putting together to help out the teachers:
- Keep teaching at Texas University
- Keeping a Class Going During Emergencies at Duke U
- Instructional continuity at San Francisco State U
- Keep teaching at New York Institute of Technology
- Keep Teaching (University of British Columbia)
- Ensuring continuity of learning at JISK in UK
- Teaching effectively during times of disruption at Stanford U
Below are some resources for interactive labs and simulations that could be used when moving labs online.
- Interactive Simulations and Instructional Resources for STEM:
- University of Chicago Climate and Carbon Cycle Models:
- OASIS Interactive Simulations Search
- Lab resources (OnlineLabSCI)
- Open Source templates for Science labs:
- MIT Sloan School Climate Interactive modeling:
- Concord Consortium Simulations:
- Science Education Resource Center (SERC) Visualizations:
- HHMI Biointeractive Resources for Life Sciences and Earth Science: