We have put together some brief information and guides for digital tools for conducting teaching online.
Central digital tools:
- Studium is Uppsala universitys learning platform baserad on Canvas. The staff portal (MP) has support pages for teachers and students.
- Mentimeter can be used by teachers to get student reponse. Uppsala University has a site license, login with your SSO.
- Kurt is a survey tool which can be used by all employees at Uppsala University
Local advice and support:
- Tools for distance education (with help from the Section of Chemistry)
- Netiquette guide with instructions for students about using Zoom for teaching
- Spring 2021: digital education and examination (link to MP)
- Methods and tools for teaching (link to MP)
- Assessment online and home exams (link to MP)
INTERNATIONAL RESOURCES FOR ONLINE TEACHING
Universities around the world were quickly shifting towards online teaching in year 2020. Here is a collection of resources that universities are putting together to help out the teachers:
- Instructional continuity at UW-Madison
- Keep teaching at Texas University
- Keeping a Class Going During Emergencies at Duke U
- Instructional continuity at San Francisco State U
- Keep teaching at New York Institute of Technology
- Keep Teaching (University of British Columbia)
- Ensuring continuity of learning at JISK in UK
- Teaching effectively during times of disruption at Stanford U
Below are some resources for interactive labs and simulations that could be used when moving labs online.
- Interactive Simulations and Instructional Resources for STEM:
- University of Chicago Climate and Carbon Cycle Models:
- OASIS Interactive Simulations Search
- Lab resources (OnlineLabSCI)
- Open Source templates for Science labs:
- MIT Sloan School Climate Interactive modeling:
- Concord Consortium Simulations:
- Science Education Resource Center (SERC) Visualizations:
- HHMI Biointeractive Resources for Life Sciences and Earth Science: