Pedagogical resources on the web
Books that are used in our courses or literature seminats, and are available on the web or through the library interloan (Libris).
- An Introduction to Distance Education: Understanding Teaching and Learning in a New Era, edited by Martha F. Cleveland-Innes, D. Randy Garrison. Link to Libris
- How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching
by Susan A. Ambrose, Michael W. Bridges, Michele DiPietro, Marsha C. Lovett, Marie K. Norman. Suggestion for literature seminats 2019. Link to Libris
- Reaching Students: What Research Says About Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineering
by Nancy Kober. Used in the Didactics course and in the Student centered course. Länk till Libris
- Discipline-Based Education Research: Understanding and Improving Learning in Undergraduate Science and Engineering
Editors Susan R. Singer, Natalie R. Nielsen, Heidi A. Schweingruber. Link to Libris
- Teaching Physics With the Physics Suite
by Edward F. Redish. Link to Libris
- Tools for teaching in an educationally mobile world
by Jude Carroll. Used in the course International Classroom. Link to Libris
- An Active Student Participation Companion
by Sanna Barrineau, Alexis Engström, Ulrike Schnaas. Link to Diva
Rrsources and support from other universities
- PhysPort - resources based on physics education research
- PHET interactive simulations - resources for science and math
- Teaching resources, Center of Educational Innovation, Univ. of Minnesota
- Teaching strategies, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, Univ. of Michigan
- Resources from Lund University, Division of Higher Education Development
Record your own videos for teaching!
Do you want to record and use videos for your teaching but have never done it before? Have you already made videos before but want to make them looking more professional and get help with production, editing etc?
Videos can be used to replace parts or whole lectures, as supporting material for revision, for pre-lab preparation and so on. Now all teachers at the Faculty of Science and Technology have the possibility to use the self-service studio at MedFarm DoIT, the media production unit of the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy. At no cost to you as a teacher, you can get advice and support with planning before recording, technical support during recording, as well as editing and publishing of the videos afterwards. There is also the possibility for more extensive media production services by specific arrangement.
Read more about the self-service studio at MedFarm DoIT's website. If you have further questions or are interested in using the service, please contact Steffan Pålsson.