Each year the Faculty of Science and Technology arranges the Celsius-Linnaeus honorary lectures in memory of Anders Celsius and Carl von Linné. The selected Celsius- and Linnaeus-lecturers are at today's forefront within their field.
The 2023 Celsius-Linnaes lectures took place on February 9 at Ångström laboratory.
This years Celsius-Lecturer was Johan Rockström, Professor Earth System Science, University of Potsdam and Director Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research.
Celsius-Lecture: A safe and just future for humanity on Earth
This years Linnaeus-Lecturer was John A. Rogers, Simpson Querrey Professor and Director of QSIB at Northwestern University.
Linnaeus-Lecture: Soft, Skin-Interfaced Electronic and Microfluidic Systems.
The Celsius-Linnaeus lecturers were selected by the Celsius-Linnaeus Committee. The committee also selects four symposie-lecturers, two national and two from Uppsala University.
Here you find the whole program for the 2023 Celsius-Linnaeus Lectures.
The planet’s wellbeing and human health in focus in this year’s Celsius-Linnaeus Lectures.
THE CELSIUS-LINNAEUS COMMITTEE
The Celsius-Linnaeus committee has the task of inviting top-class lecturers in the world each year in the subject areas of Anders Celsius and Carl von Linné respectively.
Members of the Celsius-Linnaeus committee 2022-2025
- Professor Máté Erdélyi, Department of Chemistry-BMC (chairman)
- Professor Klas Hjort, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Professor Giuliano Di Baldassarre, Department of Earth Science
- Professor Karin Schönning, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Professor Per Ahlberg, Department of Organismal Biology
- Professor Silvelyn Zwanzig, Department of Mathematics
For more information, contact committee secretary Karin Thellenberg