Each year the Faculty of Science and Technology arranges the Celsius-Linnaeus honorary lectures in memory of Anders Celsius and Carl von Linné. The selected Celsius- and Linnaeus-lecturers are at today's forefront within their field.
The 2024 Linnaeus Lecturer is Professor Jürgen Janek, Institute of Physical Chemistry, Justus Liebig University Giessen.
The Celsius-Linnaeus Lecturers program. The program will be updated throughout the autumn.
The Celsius-Linnaeus lecturers were selected by the Celsius-Linnaeus Committee. The committee also selects four symposie-lecturers, two national and two from Uppsala University.
Since 1991, eleven of the Celsius-Linnaeus lecturers have been awarded a Nobel Prize.
Svante Pääbo, who was Linnaeus-lecturer in 2022, has received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine the same year.
THE CELSIUS-LINNAEUS COMMITTEE
The Celsius-Linnaeus committee has the task of inviting top-class lecturers in the world each year in the subject areas of Anders Celsius and Carl von Linné respectively.
Members of the Celsius-Linnaeus committee 2022-2025
- Professor Máté Erdélyi, Department of Chemistry-BMC (chairman)
- Professor Klas Hjort, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Professor Giuliano Di Baldassarre, Department of Earth Science
- Professor Karin Schönning, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Professor Per Ahlberg, Department of Organismal Biology
- Professor Silvelyn Zwanzig, Department of Mathematics
For more information, contact committee secretary Karin Thellenberg